Monty Python has been known to bend the rules of comedy and television, but back during the days of Monty Python's Flying Circus, all 6 Pythons have been known to perform in Blackface. It is a racist comedic form of make-up that was popular in the 19th century, especially during the American Civil War.
- Graham Chapman- As an African Warrior-type relative from Dublin in the Our Eamonn Sketch
- John Cleese- For a brief moment, he appeared as a black cricket player asking for directions to the playing field during the Killer Sheep sketch
- Eric Idle- As the butler, “Uncle Tom”, in the The Attila the Hun Show sketch
- Michael Palin- As a waiter in the jungle who scares away animals, in the Jungle Restaurant sketch
- Terry Jones- In multiple instances, as a fully-blackened tribal person who throws or holds a spear. He also appears as a director in The Lost World of Roiurama sketch.
- Terry Gilliam - He originally appeared in the Revolting Cocktails sketch as Rastus, an African assistant and later appeared as a different assistant in the Boxing Match Aftermath sketch.
- Monty Python's Life of Brian, for a brief moment.